Monday, April 26, 2004

Kenna's Aplastic Anemia Journey - 04.26.2004


Date04/26/04 - Hospital
WBC3.4
RBC2.62
HGB7.9
PLT12
SEG0
BAND0
ANC0



4-26 -- Week 8


Kenna had a wonderful afternoon visiting with her beloved Grandma Cheryl, who has been traveling and was sick before that, so hadn't seen her in 2 weeks. Then also her Great Grandpa from Palm Desert stopped in-what a blessing that she was in a very playful mood at the time that they came by. That changed very quickly when in short order her IV line broke, her mouth started bleeding again, and then she began running a fever. Such is the nature of this precarious existence. So tonight she has platelets ordered up and is taking Tylenol.and I guess the countdown to homecoming is abandoned. The grace of endurance needed for all, especially Momma and baby. Carsyn has been so flexible. She started out the day with me, then Aunt Kelley and Ama Cheryl, then back over here to me until Daddy picked her up. She even went to sleep WITHOUT PIGLET because he was left in my car when I went to a meeting tonight!

Afterward, I took Piglet back to find Daddy busy printing and boxing the wedding program and map orders Adrienne had completed and emailed to her office at home. So I "cooked" him a TV dinner from the freezer at 9pm. I wonder if she'll get the platelets that friend Linda gave on Friday? It takes a couple of days to process them. I heard over the weekend when I was there that they were short for another child who was in need of them-we are very grateful to all who have been tested even if it is to help a fellow patient of another blood type on that difficult oncology/hematology wing. They are all so precious and heart wrenching.

God's ways are so mysterious-but I choose to believe that He has loved us into existence, and through His Son continues to love us even more into sainthood through these events. So many lives are being touched. He will know when is the right time to say "It is accomplished" and return her to health. We experienced it with my husband Bill when he had an even more impossible diagnosis 12 years ago.

MJ